Sunday, August 22, 2010

How do I answer the following employment questions?

How do you define success?


Why should I hire you before another candidate?


If I hired you what are three reasons you would decide to leave the company?

How do I answer the following employment questions?
Answer with the truth. These are not right/wrong questions. This is to see how your personality fits in with the prospective company.





Answer honestly. If the interviewer does not like your answers, then odds are that you would not be happy with that job anyway.
Reply:You can shoot for the moon on the first one. Leave the second and third alone. You can't possibly have information on another applicant - federal/state privacy laws would be violated AND you can't possibly think you are the only one who can do the job either. If you make up three reasons to leave, they have in their heads that these situations will come up and you will be out of the job befoer you got it. Be blank and say I can't begin to thin of a reason to leave. My home is here, my family is here and I am pursuing employment that will maintain my life style.





Incidently these are not employment questions - they are pre-employment or interview questions. If they are stated as "employment questions", it gives the impression that you have the job and could leave the company in the lurch regarding not hiring you and the answers you gave!


No comments:

Post a Comment