Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why employment agencies hurry to get your signature then do nothing much?

How they benifit without finding a job..Is there anyway to directly approch employers, like putting my resume to the web and employers read this?

Why employment agencies hurry to get your signature then do nothing much?
In most cases, employment agencies do absolutley NOTHING for you. I was registered with at least 5 agencies last year and some would call me and ask me if i am interested in a job and i'd say yes - they'd send my resume to that company - who was not interested. I did get some assignments from agency "A" but then after one where i was basically "begged and coerced into it" i decided that agency was not a help. - long story - Others called me up after i had sent them a resume with promises of jobs - only to find out there were none. This happened with one in particular. The others were eager to help me at the time, but nothing ever happened. In most cases agencies pay crappy wages. my time and education is worth money i do not work for minimum wage whe n i know the going rate is much higher. The agency who coreced me - recently called me up again and told me about a job in my field i was actualy excited about this -until she indicated there'd be reception involved. Now this woman knows that i don't do reception she knows that it is not my thing and yet she still calls me about it geez. These agency people do not listen either - you say the kind of job you want and WHERE you are seeking work and still the calls come in where the location is in tumbuktoo where it would take 2 hours one way to get there.
Reply:I think they only benenfit when you work. They probably want you to list everything you know how to do, open up and stuff, and when you're not a match, they forget about you and move on. They probably assume if they don't seem interested you wouldn't follow through. Just a guess!


No comments:

Post a Comment