Thursday, August 19, 2010

What kind of employment options available for someone who has never had a job?

I am a 24 year old college student in the USA. I never had a job nor volunteered or had extracuricular activities, but I am now in a situation where I need to take a break from college for one semester and get a job. Other than McDonalds or grocery store jobs, what other job options do I have?





Note: I can't register for classes next semester because I owe my college money and can't register until it has been paid.

What kind of employment options available for someone who has never had a job?
Try working through a temporary employment agency. Surely you have some skills that could be applied. Whatever you do, be reliable and consistent. I hire people all the time.
Reply:I guess it depends on what you have been in school for. I would recommend (easiest and quickest) is to get comfortable talking to people and reading up on customer service and sales. I know a lot people hear the word sales and immediately withdraw but what most people don't know is the huge amounts of money that can be made here and even if you posses mediocre selling skills, you can get a customer service job that requires up selling...easy. Since, I don't know what you've been studying, I would recommend that you join an online community that will help grow in this area. I recommend myhibrid.com...it's free and has lots of good stuff in it and is updated frequently.


No comments:

Post a Comment